Guest Artist Submission Requirements for the Rain Spark Gallery Holiday Show
• The artist must have a professional track record.
• Each artist is expected to work as a team member of this co-operative gallery.
• Each artist is expected to work on a committee, fulfill a gallery job and pay a show fee (TBD before show) and commission to Rain Spark Gallery.
• The artist must be able to work in the gallery a minimum of hours. (This depends on the number of days the seasonal Rain Spark Gallery gallery is open. In 2018, it was about 40 hours over 2 months.)
• The artist must be a resident of Oregon, or Washington in the immediate vicinity of Portland or have access to lodging during gallery events, installation, de-installation & during required gallery working hours.
• Artwork must be original and hand-made by the artist. Commercial reproductions, commercial molds, and/or manufactured work are not accepted for exhibition. Giclées may be put in browse bins & commercially printed greeting cards are exhibited in communal card racks & must be clearly labeled as reproductions & not hung on the walls.
Submissions will be reviewed only in the following format. Each document must have the Artist’s name and contact information at the top of the page.
• Résumé—A current artist résumé.
This website may be a helpful resource for writing your artist résumé.
• Bio—One page biography.
• Artist Statement—Discuss your inspiration, technique, artist history and future art goals.
• Images of Work—Send 8 images of your most recent work or work that relates most closely to the work you expect to show at the Rain Spark Gallery.
All images must be in JPEG format. (PDF formats or images in a zip file will NOT be reviewed by the jury.) The image file must be named as follows: Artist’s last name—Title—Medium—Size H x W—Price Example: Da Vinci—Oil on Wood—33” x 21”—$10000000000
Send the images as attachments. Any images improperly submitted will not be considered.
(Send the images to yourself first to see if the information is on the images & not embedded in the email.)
• Email addresses & phone numbers of 2 references that have worked with you on a group exhibition or project.
• Website address. Please include if you have a website.
January 1, 2019—July 1, 2019 at midnight.
Early submissions will not be reviewed or filed.
The exhibition Committee will review all applications in July & determine which artists shall be accepted in the holiday exhibition.
The jury’s decisions are based on a variety of criteria including artistic excellence, content, craftsmanship, professionalism, ability to work on a team, marketability & uniqueness to the Artist Members already included in the exhibition.
Email your submission firstname.lastname@example.org